Energy Saving through
Pinch Technology and Process Integration
5th & 6th October 2006
While oil prices continue to climb, energy conservation remains the prime concern for many process industries. The challenge every process engineer is faced with is to seek answers to questions related to their process energy patterns. A few of the frequently asked questions are:
- Are the existing processes as energy efficient as they should be?
- How can new projects be evaluated with respect to their energy requirements?
- What changes can be made to increase the energy efficiency without incurring any cost?
- What investments can be made to improve energy efficiency?
- What is the most appropriate utility mix for the process?
- How to put energy efficiency and other targets like reducing emissions, increasing plant capacities, improve product qualities etc, into a one coherent strategic plan for the overall site?
This 2 day training programme aims to provide the basic knowledge of the concepts in pinch technology and how they been be applied to reduce energy and capital costs, increase capacity and reduce emissions.
- Fundamentals of Pinch Technology
- Basic Concepts of Pinch Analysis
- Steps of Pinch Analysis
- Benefits and Applications of Pinch Technology
- Energy Conservation and Process Integration
- Successful Case Studies
- Senior consultants from National Productivity Council.
- Pinch Technology Experts.
- Industry users.
This workshop will be conducted through lecture session, discussions, group exercise and visual aids, etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The workshop is meant for engineers or technical managers from the below mentioned industrial sectors, who wish to gain an understanding of how to achieve process energy efficiency improvements.
1. Refinery 2. Petrochemicals 3. Sugar 4. Pulp and Paper 5. Food Processing and Dairy 6. Solvent Extraction 7. Breweries & Distilleries 8. Fertilisers 9. Caustic Soda 10. Chemical
DATE & TIME
5th & 6th October 2006
10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
850, Poonamallee High Road
Kilpauk, Chennai—600 010
Rs. 6,000 per participant. The fee covers participation fee, course material and soft copy of presentation material in CD. The payment should be made by DD in favour of “National Productivity Council” payable at “Chennai”.
Mr. P. Dharmalingam
Sr.Dy.Director (Energy Management)
Last date for registration is 28th September 2006. Please send nomination indicating the name, designation and official address of the participant in advance to the following address:
Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Productivity
National Productivity Council
6 (Old No:31-B), SIDCO Industrial Estate
Ambattur, Chennai—600 098.
Visit us at www.aipnpc.com (or) www.em-ea.org